09/07/2017

2017 half year progress report

Substantial progress for the first half year in terms of painting as I completed 1,071 items. However as you can see from the following tables the dominant effort was rebasing my Thirty Years War armies. Second was WW2, where I mainly worked on the Plastic Soldier Company items purchased through their kick-starter.

Period

Renaissance
819
WW2
227
Terrain
13
WW1
12
Grand Total
1,071


Type

Rebasing
645
Cavalry
140
Gunners
125
Infantry
38
Riders/Vehicle Crews
30
Vehicles
28
Artillery pieces
16
Buildings
13
Commanders
12
Tanks/AFVs
12
Limbers
10
Wagons
2
Grand Total
1,071

Looking at my plan for 2017 the progress is not so good as I under-estimated the work involved in the rebasing project.

Painting/Modelling - moderate sized projects

  • Renaissance - sorting out and rebasing all my Thirty years War figures. This will involve deciding how to restructure my units and then painting any addition figures needed to make the units up to strength. - well underway, hopefully the rebasing will be finished by the end of this month, I may still add some new units.
  • Napoleonics - I've got quite a pile of figures (mainly cavalry) available to replace/upgrade some of my oldest units. - Not started
  • WW2 - extending my coverage to US and German for the Ardennes - Not started
  • Scratch build some small renaissance galleys, probably a pair each of Ottoman and Venetian to go with the guns and crews I received at Christmas. - Not started

Smaller projects
  • Work through the Plastic Soldier Company Kickstarter kits once they arrive. - Completed the main bulk just a box of CMP trucks left
  • Adding another medieval Swiss pike block - Not started
  • Various renaissance units to cover war in the Balkans, Stradiots, Sipahis, Ajinkis, etc. - Completed
  • I need some desert sand-dunes/wadi sides so I'll get on with them once the weather warms up - Not started
  • Various houses to add to my Eighteenth Century town, including a model of my daughter's house - Not started
  • Two or three units of Vikings to add to my Dark Age armies. - Not started.
  • More Swedish cavalry for the Great Northern War. - Not started
  • Plus a number of bits to fill in odd gaps in existing armies
  • - continuing to work on odd bits

Gaming
  • Continue to support the Lance & Longbow Society games at various shows - ongoing, the last show was Phalanx and the next will be Britcon
  • Vaasgo 1942 is planned to be the SOTCW game at Gauntlet - Successfully completed
  • I need to organise one or two large games, one SYW and another to be decided. - Nothing done
  • Try to get to Crisis in Antwerp - Still my plan


1 comment:

Andy Canham said...

Gosh Will, you are so well organised. I haven't got a clue what I did last week, let alone over 6 months.

I see US and German forces for the Ardennes are on your to do list. I've just picked up Wacht am Rhein, and would quite like to try our some scenarios. Are you doing your Americans with snowy bases like the Germans?

Cheers, Andy